2016 AMPI YC Summer Tour
Another exciting YC Summer Tour is in the books. This year, YCs toured AMPI's consumer-packaged cheese plant in Portage, Wis., and ABS Global, Inc. near Madison.
Click here to view a slideshow of snapshots from the 2016 tour.
2016 AMPI YC Steering Committee
The 2016 AMPI Young Cooperator Steering Committee includes, from left, chairpersons, Derek and Marcie Peterson, Black River Falls, Wis.; secretary, Jon Schmidt, Owatonna, Minn.; members-at-large, Cole and Amy Hoscheit, Caledonia, Minn.; past chairpersons, Jacob and Sarah Enter, New Ulm, Minn.; and vice chairpersons, Mark and Kimber Sipma of Boyden, Iowa.
The Young Cooperator (YC) program offers AMPI members age 40 and under the opportunity to develop leadership skills and insight about their cooperative.
- Must be between the ages of 18 and 40.
- Must be actively involved on an AMPI-member dairy farm.
YC Divisional Structure
- Each AMPI division has a YC chairperson/couple and a vice chairperson/couple.
- Each AMPI division has a YC group with local activities such as plant tours, farm tours and other local meetings.
- As a group, steering committee members host the YC program held in conjunction with the AMPI Annual Meeting.
YC Corporate Structure
- YC corporate steering committee includes a chairperson, vice chairperson, past chairperson, member-at-large and a secretary (each position can be a single person or a couple).
- All YC corporate board members and spouses attend AMPI's annual meeting.
Joining the YC Program
- Call your local AMPI division office or field representative for membership information, or download it here.
If you have questions about the AMPI Young Cooperator program, contact Nickie Sabo at 507-354-8295 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.